I offer to the world my reflections as a social CEO

 

Welcome to my reflections as a Social CEO, a journal of my busy days running, and growing, a social enterprise childcare organisation across Scotland.

 

Almost three and a half years since I moved from the commercial childcare market to the third sector and what an incredible, epic journey I am on. Flexible Childcare Services Scotland is a social enterprise with a clearly defined vision to create equity of access to early learning and school age childcare for all children, families, and communities across Scotland. We are removing barriers of affordability, accessibility, rurality, and specific individual needs. 

 

No two days in my world are ever the same, from finance meetings and strategic planning to changing a broken loo seat (yes it’s a glamorous life as a charity CEO). From designing new settings to report writing…excitement to mundanity expressed in a single sentence. From competitive tender writing to the complexities, and often inconsistencies, of regulation. From the Board room to the baby room, my role is incredibly varied and I love every minute of it (well almost).

 

This social adventure I am on is taking me to so many different places, offering up new and exciting opportunities and involving so many wonderful people; colleagues, children and their families, corporate clients, professional peers, civil servants, business leaders, funders and incredibly generous philanthropists.


It’s an adventure that deserves to be recorded, so here goes. I offer to the world my reflections as a Social CEO. 

Comments

Popular Posts